Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Week 65: Bronchitis

This week I got bronchitis. hooray.
BUT thanks to modern medicine I'm cured! 
It was interesting week due to having to stay in for most of it.
BUT we still saw miracles!
And my amazing companion just went out and contacted everyone like a boss.

In preparation for my email today, I thought I would do a little "grateful for" list.

Things I'm grateful for as of 5 January 2014:
  • We received a letter that the temple is now cancelling all ward and stake assignments for youth to go to the temple together. Instead, they are encouraging youth to find their own family names to bring and for families to come together to perform the ordinances for those ancestors. I am so grateful for the emphasis the Church is placing on families going to the temple together because that's what this gospel is all about - families being together forever!
  • A small child went up to the pulpit to bear his testimony yesterday. He started by saying, "I'd like to bear my testimony like I did last month because no one else is coming up." It was adorable! And a powerful reminder that if we have a testimony, we must share it in order for it to grow.
  • One of the priests was blessing the sacrament and didn't say the prayer exactly. The Bishop asked him to do it again. I am grateful for those moments because we pay more careful attention to the words and the sacredness of the ordinance of the sacrament.
  • I love the eternal perspective of always seeking to bring souls to Christ, even if it is just one soul. In Alma 45 and in Moroni 10, even though these two prophets know their people will be destroyed, they do all in their power to share the gospel in the hopes that even one person will come to Christ. I am grateful for their example of giving everything they could for helping "the one" return to live with Heavenly Father.
  • We are sleeping over with some other Sisters due to some health problems, so it's been a little crazy having our clothes and life in two different homes. This has forced me to be more organized and focus on what I really need. 
  • We had two Young Women be on splits with us yesterday from 8:30am until 4:00pm so we could cover as many wards as possible. I am extremely grateful for Young Women and older women who have a desire to serve the Lord. There are so many here who will drop literally everything to help us out in our work. 
I love this gospel! I love our Savior! I know He lives! This is His gospel! We can live together as families for eternity as we keep our covenants. I know the Book of Mormon is true! I know this is God's plan for us to experience true joy now and forever.

I love you all! Don't freeze, remember to smile, and continue to #SharetheGift!

Love,
Sister Holbrook

The new youth theme is "Embark." This is a powerful video and song as an introduction to how we can serve more fully in all that we do.

Alma 46:11-21 If we will pour out our whole souls to God and follow the guidance that He gives, others will come running to make the same covenants we have made! 


We helped a lady with her groceries on Monday, and then she asked us to take the cart back for her. That was a thrilling cart ride :)

Sister Shrock came to visit at P-day activity!! Also, I have the best shirt ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments respectful and uplifting. I would love to hear from you whether it's feedback on the blog or questions about what I'm doing.