Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Week 56: Swing Low Sweet Chariot

Lots to do. Every single companionship in our zone is having a transfer, so we had to inspect seven apartments already this morning. Short email again this week, but enjoy the pictures!

Transfer Results:
I'm going to be serving with Sister Blankenship in the same area!!! She is one of my favorite people ever, and it's going to be amazing. We are also going to have another Sister with us for a week until she heads home. 
Sister Weber is going to Layton, and Sister Bill is being transferred back to Montreal. I will miss them SO MUCH. I cannot even express.
But. It's going to be an amazing transfer.

Halloween was celebrated by us dressing up as each other, having breakfast for lunch with a few of the Sisters in the zone, the longest District Meeting of my life, and then planning and packing the rest of the night! Oh, and homemade root beer :) 

Power of covenants
This weekend was absolutely incredible. Karen was baptized this Saturday! Her dad just called us out of the blue about a month ago and said they were ready for her to be baptized. It has been amazing to see this perfect, clean daughter of God choose to be baptized so that she could completely follow the example of Jesus Christ. I love her so much, and I am so excited to continue teaching her and helping her get to the temple :)

We also were able to go to the temple with Shaneka and her Young Women's leader to do baptisms for the dead (we were just able to watch). Shaneka is so excited to one day be able to go through the whole temple, and she's going this week with her sister who just got her temple recommend as well.

I am continually reminded of the importance and power of covenants. A covenant is a two-way promise with God - we promise Him something, and He promises something back. If we will keep our part, the Lord is bound to keep His part. Baptism is the first ordinance, or outward expression of making a covenant with God, on the path towards living with our Heavenly Father again. The ultimate goal is to be sealed as eternal families in the temple. As Shaneka was leaving the temple, her face just glowed. One of the temple workers said she looked like a 500 watt light bulb haha :) But it was amazing to see as we met with the whole family the next day how her light made all the others excited to go to the temple as well.

I know this gospel is true! I know that we can be sealed together as families for eternity. I want to be there in the temple with each one of you. Yes, all of you.I know our Heavenly Father wants each of us to return to live with Him. That means you just as much as it means me. As we live the gospel of Jesus Christ, we will experience true joy in every single day. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can be made clean and whole. I love being able to share this message with everyone!

My invitation to you today is to get on your knees and pray, even if it's for the very first time. Your Heavenly Father is there and is listening. He loves you. He will never leave you alone. Turn to Him.

I love you all!! Have a fantastically wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Holbrook



Karen's baptism. Best day ever. Sister Nelson, Brother Nelson, Sister Weber, me Sister Bill, and Karen!

At the temple with Shaneka and Sister Sarp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments respectful and uplifting. I would love to hear from you whether it's feedback on the blog or questions about what I'm doing.