Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 26: General Conference and Transfers

Transfer news:
I'm going to Liberty Park and whitewash training!! (aka both missionaries will be new to the area)
Craziness. 
This transfer is going to be a blast :)
Now to do absolutely everything I need to do today... yikes.

In other news this is going to be a super short email because Sister Holbrook has to pack up her life today.

Lots of thoughts to share.
First off,
Conference was AMAZING!!!
You all should watch President Eyring, Elder Andersen, and Sister Reeves' talks from the Saturday morning session again. So fantastic. 
As we went through conference, I decided to write down not only a few notes, but also applications from each talk. It will be cool to see how applying the principles taught will help me become a better missionary.
Also according to Elder Ballard, we all should be studying Preach My Gospel. Get one. I'll follow up on it next week :)

President Hansen has given us the challenge to read the Book of Mormon looking for passages about faith and prayer. It is a really interesting and revelatory experience to look for specific topics in the Book of Mormon and see what comes out of the stories as you listen to the Spirit.

We saw lots of people this week. Did family mission plans with a ton of people - I LOVE seeing all of the members starting to catch the vision of missionary work! Especially the youth :) The leadership here are amazing. I love these people with all my heart.

I'm excited for the new adventures the Lord has in store for me! I will miss Mueller Park as much as I miss my own family (probably even a little more), but I know the Lord's plans are far greater than anything I could ever plan for myself.

I love this work. I love the gospel. I love you all!!
Have a wonderful week of miracles :)

Love,
Sister Holbrook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments respectful and uplifting. I would love to hear from you whether it's feedback on the blog or questions about what I'm doing.