Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Week 79: Invite Other to Come Unto Christ

Crazy how the time flies, isn't it?

We had a busy week! Paperwork, practicing a song to teach to a young women's group, lots of visits to lots of people, teaching lessons to members of the wards, ward mission leader visits, getting our oil changed and a Buick for a day, writing final letters, spending time with our sister training leaders on hikes and exchanges, helping investigators with a yard sale (meaning we showed up and said hi), crashing several different ward activities, and a million other things.

We're tired. And it feels so good.

Enos 1:26-27 currently describes my attitude toward my mission.


I have loved every single moment of these past eighteen months. I love sharing what I know to be true. I love focusing completely on the gospel of Jesus Christ, on those things that truly matter from the eternal perspective. I love these people with all my heart. Heavenly Father has put some of the greatest souls to ever walk this earth into my life. I am so grateful for that. I have never been happier, healthier, or more tired. I love the lessons, the trials, and the refinement my Heavenly Father has given to me and taught me these past months. I'm different because of it, and I never want to go back to who I was before.

There's one comfort in going home: the purpose stays the same. 
Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. 

That is our Heavenly Father's purpose, and all that we do in the Church is geared to that end. To invite others to come unto Christ. That is what we all must do every single day of our lives, whether by example, word, or invitation. It must be a part of who we are. That is what my misison has taught me. To invite others to come unto Christ, with or without a nametag.

Faith in Jesus Christ.
Repentance.
Baptism and eternal covenants.
The gift of the Holy Ghost.
Enduring to the end.

That's what this is all about. Nothing else really matters. It is just that simple. This is how we return home to Him.

I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ on the earth today. This is His gospel. This is His plan for us. This is a plan of joy! I know He loves each one of us. That includes you. He has done everything He possibly can to help us get back to Him without taking away our ability to choose. Oh, how He wants us to choose His path! 

I know the Book of Mormon is true. It testifies of Christ in every single page. I know daily reading of the scriptures and daily prayer will bring us closer to our Father in Heaven and invite the power of the Spirit into our lives. I love the scriptures. I love the time I get to spend on my knees each day. I love our Father in Heaven and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know They live!

I love you all more than you know. Thank you for your love, letters, prayers, pictures, and general support these eighteen months. It has meant so much. 

Remember to smile! The gospel is true!
I'll talk to you all soon.

Love,
Sister Holbrook

Keep in touch: lauren2hearts@gmail.com

P-day hike with Sister Johnson!

Snow on Mom's birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments respectful and uplifting. I would love to hear from you whether it's feedback on the blog or questions about what I'm doing.